Guardian is Committed to Small Businesses
While some carriers may concentrate solely on serving large employers, Guardian remains committed to employers of all sizes, including small businesses who strive to provide valuable benefits coverage to their employees.
That's why we established Guardian Small Group Sales (SGS), a special sales team in three national offices dedicated to serving employers with 2-24 employees. With over 75,000 small business customers, we're proud to say small employers are a big part of our business.
Guardian small business employee benefits gives small employers access to comprehensive products:
- Dental: One of the largest dental networks nationwide with no waiting periods for groups with 5+ employees. Implants for groups with 2+ employees. Maximum Rollover on all plans. Voluntary Dental options.
- Vision: Covers exams and/or materials, feature flexible copay and frequency options, offer the choice of two provider networks with thousands of access points nationwide, and provide member savings on out-of-pocket costs when visiting a network provider.
- Short Term Disability: A variety of plans with hassle-free claims administration. For 2-9 employees, guaranteed issue1 of up to a $1,500 weekly benefit with a maximum available weekly benefit of $2,000. Generous guarantee issue available for 10+ lives.
- Long Term Disability: A variety of plans with hassle-free claims administration. Management carve-out available. For 2-4 employee groups, guaranteed issue1 of up to $2,500 monthly benefit. For 5-9 employee groups, guaranteed issue1 of up to $6,000 monthly benefit with a maximum available monthly benefit of $7,500 for groups under 10 lives. Generous guarantee issue available for 10+ lives.
- Life: For 2-4 employees, guaranteed issue1 of $50,000. For 5-9 employees, guaranteed issue1 of $100,000. Grandfathering available when replacing existing coverage. LifeAssist available to provide financial security during a catastrophic disability. Generous guarantee issue amounts available for 10+ lives.
- Critical Illness: Pays a lump sum benefit payment up to $50,0002 upon diagnosis of a listed critical illness. There are up to 30 covered critical illnesses, including heart attack, cancer, and stroke. Hospital Admission payment up to $500 per day that the insured is in the hospital for any condition other than a listed critical illness.4
- Accident: Helps offset the costs associated with both minor and major off-the-job accidents by making a payment for treatments and/or services regardless of what is covered by medical insurance. Covered benefits increase by 20% for a child who has an accident while playing organized sports.3,4
- Cancer: Provides a lump-sum payment for certain procedures (i.e. surgery, bone marrow transplant), screenings (i.e. colonoscopy, mammogram) and treatments (i.e. chemotherapy, radiation). The benefit is paid directly to employees regardless of their medical insurance and can help relieve their financial burden in a time of stress.4
- Hospital Indemnity: Pays lump-sum benefits (up to $10,000 per admission per year) directly to employees admitted to the hospital for a covered illness or injury. Payments can be used for any purpose (i.e. medical copays, deductibles, mortgage, utilities, groceries).4
When products are packaged together, employers can receive multi-line discounts. A variety of deductibles are available as well as guaranteed issue. Some packages may include value-added benefits like college tuition benefit, employee assistance programs, will preparation, and travel protection.5
Our dedicated sales representatives are easily accessible by phone and email, and a service team responds to questions, makes amendments, and handles renewals.
Providing coverage to small businesses can also help you qualify for Special Producer Compensation (SPC).
For more information, please contact your Guardian Small Group Sales Representative, or call your local Guardian Small Group Sales Office:
- 800-356-5808 for CT, DC, DE, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT
- 877-652-4151 for AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, SC, TN, WI, WV
- 866-747-4542 for AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, LA, MT, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY