There is enormous potential in working with the fastest-growing company in voluntary benefits sales1
Whether your clients are large companies or small businesses, there are many voluntary benefits advantages you can bring them: financial stability and well-being for employees, workforce loyalty, and affordable benefit costs.
Today worksite benefits are more important than ever. Employees are facing increasing medical costs and rising out-of-pocket expenses. They have to shoulder more responsibility for funding their retirement and planning for contingencies. They are nervous and overwhelmed by a vast choice of products. And they feel it’s up to them to seek out and find the specific solutions and protection that will meet their needs.
For that reason, employees appreciate the value of benefits offered through their companies.
- 73% say benefits play a major role in how financially secure they feel.2
- 68% say that more than half of their financial security depends on workplace benefits.2
- And they believe that purchasing them through work costs less than if they bought them outside the workplace.3
Make the most of a tremendous opportunity
The time is right for employers to provide solutions that offer better coverage and protection, more comprehensive education, and an easier enrollment process for employees. One of the major voluntary benefits advantages is that employers can accomplish this without bearing the entire financial and administrative burden. Guardian has experienced professionals who can help your clients develop a comprehensive and flexible voluntary benefits program that helps solve their needs. And they can choose from one of the most robust product portfolios in the industry.
A single source for voluntary benefits
With voluntary benefits from Guardian, you can now offer your clients a one-stop shopping environment that simplifies enrollment and administration by combining all non-medical products on one platform, with one group plan number and one bill. Guardian offers a variety of products and gives employees a better understanding of their benefit options, which makes it easier for them to make more informed choices. Purchasing voluntary benefits is convenient for employees — it eliminates the hassle of significant research, multiple passwords and providers, and disjointed payment plans.
What are voluntary benefits?
Voluntary programs allow your clients to offer richer benefits to employees — at group rates — often without incurring higher benefits costs. Many of these options provide a benefit to employees to help pay for expenses that may not be covered by other insurance. Another of the voluntary benefits advantages is that once employees decide on the benefits and coverage levels they need, premiums are paid via automatic pre-tax payroll deductions, so your clients will see a reduction in payroll taxes for enrolled employees.
Voluntary benefits can be offered a number of ways:
- Traditional voluntary plans – 100% employee-paid. Employees select benefits that best meet their needs and budget, often at lower group rates.
- Voluntary buy-up plans – The employer pays for basic coverage, and the employee is given the option to buy up or purchase richer benefits.
- Multi-coverage packages – A number of products offering basic protection are bundled (generally age-banded for easy selection and rates). These packages offer employees both convenience and affordable rates.
One of the most comprehensive and flexible voluntary benefits portfolios
Guardian has an extensive range of insurance products and they are available to companies with 10,000+ employees or businesses with as few as two employees. They are also highly customizable, so Guardian can help brokers truly build each product — and entire portfolio — to meet the diverse financial protection and security needs of their clients’ workforces.
Our traditional non-medical insurance plans will round out your clients’ healthcare offerings and also offer valuable income protection for employees who are temporarily unable to earn a salary. Most provide a range of coverage options that employees can choose from, based on their budgets and individual needs:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance – Both portable term and permanent
- Disability Insurance – Short Term, Long Term, and Supplemental Individual Disability Insurance
These specialized plans can also complement your clients’ healthcare offerings by helping offset unexpected and large expenses that health insurance may not cover. Our flexible supplemental health plans offer employees additional financial protection to help meet their family’s needs and budget:
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
A tech-forward approach to successfully onboard, enroll, and administer
Guardian gives your clients and their employees complete end-to-end support:
Enrollment - Extensive capabilities to drive employee engagement and higher participation. Guardian’s dedicated enrollment team combines a data-driven and qualitative approach to develop communication and enrollment strategies that work for employers and their employees — online, onsite, or on the phone.
Service Administration - Multiple support options plus fast, accurate claims.
- Account management for cases down to 100 employees
- Guardian Anytime – Provides 24/7 online self-serve administration
- Email and telephonic Interactive Voice Response (IVR) support
- Billing – Easier to reconcile billing and process employee payroll deductions, with a variety of billing cycle options and statement formats
Ready to team up with the fastest-growing company in voluntary benefits sales?1
Speak with us to learn more about voluntary benefits. Our experienced team is here to help you find the solutions that best fit the needs of your clients.