As a leading provider of life insurance plans, Guardian is committed to offering our customers the most flexible and comprehensive coverage possible. In addition to high quality Basic Life Insurance with a range of options and features, you can meet more of your clients’ needs by offering Guardian’s Voluntary Term and Permanent Life coverage.
More employers choose Guardian to provide their employees’ life coverage than any other carrier1. We are one of the few carriers to offer both Voluntary Term and Permanent Life Insurance, so we can help you stand out with more complete, affordable, and continuous life protection for employees — at little or no cost to your clients.
Coverage is easy to purchase, and employees can select Term or Permanent life Insurance, or both.
Voluntary Term Life
Guardian Term Life offers cost-effective coverage for a specified period. It provides beneficiaries with a cash benefit to help pay for household expenses, mortgages, college tuition, and more. It’s typically purchased when family financial responsibilities are the greatest and before rates increase due to the employees’ age.
Voluntary Permanent Life Insurance
Guardian Permanent Life Insurance complements our Term Life Insurance by enabling employees to lock in pricing with a smaller policy to cover final expenses. Employees can also build cash value that can be used for loans or withdrawals during working and retirement years.2
Premiums are initially higher than Term Life Insurance, but are guaranteed to never increase. Better yet, we offer a flexible paid up at 65 option, so employees can lock in the benefit amount until age 120 — with no more payments.
Why group life insurance from Guardian?
Guardian’s group life insurance plans provide an easy and affordable way for your clients to offer the workplace benefits their employees are looking for:
- Flexible options: employees can select Term or Permanent Life Insurance, or both
- Cross-sell discounts on Term Life when Permanent Life Insurance is offered
- Permanent Life insurance plans won’t lapse or require additional funding2
- Generous guarantee issue amounts that require no medical exams
- Innovative Voluntary Term Life Options:
- Enrollment Option lets employees gradually increase their coverage each year without annual medical exams
- Automatic Increase Option can help to protect survivors against inflation by offering a 5% benefit increase for five years
- LifeAssistsm option provides critical income to those who suffer a severe disability – without reducing any benefits they’re receiving from disability insurance
- Optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance covers the loss of life as well as injuries. This insurance can be purchased alone or added to the life insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)3 provides employees and their family members with confidential, personal and web-based counseling to help improve emotional well-being and enhance quality of life.
- Travel Related Insurance Protection (TRIP) program is designed especially for employees who frequently travel for business or pleasure, and combines emergency travel services4 with the extra protection of life and AD&D coverage
- WillPrep Services5 are automatically included on all voluntary term life cases at no additional cost.5 The service includes online planning documents, a resource library, and access to professionals to help employees communicate how they want to provide for their beneficiaries
Ready to take the next step?
Learn more about why Guardian is a smart choice for life insurance plans. We can provide any help you need in determining the right coverage for your clients.