A cancer insurance policy is an employee benefit you can offer to enhance your benefit package and help attract and retain employees. More importantly, cancer insurance can make a real difference in an employee’s life.
Even with health insurance, cancer brings many out-of-pocket expenses that may not be covered. These unpaid expenses could easily cost an employee tens of thousands of dollars.
Here are just some of the extra costs that may come with cancer:
- Medical copays and deductibles
- Private nursing costs
- Reduction or loss of income
- Child care
- Transportation to treatment centers
- Experimental treatments
Fortunately, you can offer your employees an affordable solution that can help ease the financial burden while healing.
Choose from three Guardian coverage levels
We understand that every business is like no other. Employees have different needs, and the perfect plan for one company may not fit the needs of another. Which is why we offer three cancer insurance plans: Value, Advantage and Premier.
Is cancer insurance worth it? It is when it's a Cancer Insurance policy from Guardian. You can choose the coverage level and options that are right for your employees. And no matter which cancer insurance plan you select, benefits are paid directly to the employee, and can be used for any purpose — medical or non-medical.
|Service or Procedure||Value||Advantage||Premier|
|Alternative Care||No Benefit||No Benefit||✓|
|Anti-Nausea Medication||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Bone Marrow & Stem Cells||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Experimental Treatment||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Extended Care Facility/ Skilled Nursing Care||✓||✓||✓|
|Government or Charity Hospital||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Home Health Care||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Inpatient Special Nursing||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Intensive Care Unit Confinement||✓||✓||✓|
|Medical Imaging||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Outpatient and Family Member Lodging||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Outpatient or Ambulatory Surgical Center||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Physical or Speech Therapy||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Radiation Therapy or Chemotherapy||✓||✓||✓|
|Reconstructive Surgery||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Reproductive Benefits||No Benefit||No Benefit||✓|
|Second Surgical Opinion||✓||✓||✓|
|Transportation / Companion Transportation||No Benefit||✓||✓|
|Initial Diagnosis Benefit||No Benefit||✓||✓|
We make it easy to add cancer insurance to your benefit package
Guardian allows you to offer your employees comprehensive supplemental options they will appreciate. Our plans are available for employers with 2 or more employees.
Plus, our plans are backed by enrollment support you can count on. Our team of enrollment specialists work with you and your broker to create the most optimal enrollment experience.
- Robust and effective communications, education and decision support tools across all channels and media to help maximize participation
- Guardian appointed representatives committed to educating employees
- Customized, personalized enrollment kits provided at no additional cost.
- Employee Benefits Hotline
- Seamless integration with your current benefits enrollment system and processes in place, or we provide a complete enrollment solution to fit your needs.
Is cancer insurance worth it? Your employees would say yes.
A cancer insurance policy through an employer is an easy and affordable benefit that fills an important need, since one out of every 3 Americans will be diagnosed with cancer over their lifetime.1 Many people who are diagnosed with cancer face serious financial difficulties as they fight to recover. While most health care plans provide benefits for hospital and medical-related expenses, cancer insurance can provide benefits to cover other out-of-pocket expenses that employees may incur.
When someone gets a life threatening diagnosis like cancer, the last thing they need is to worry about how they will pay for their treatment.
Consider these facts:
- The average out-of-pocket cost for patients with cancer – despite having health insurance -- is estimated to be more than $1,200 a month.2
- Considering that the average American savings is around $5,9003, a cancer diagnosis can cause serious financial difficulties for most families.
- In fact, cancer patients are three times as likely to go bankrupt than people without it.4
That’s why it's important to prepare for unexpected costs, such as travel to treatment centers, loss of income, deductibles, copays and more if you are diagnosed.
Learn more about Guardian's Group Cancer Insurance.