Guardian Life Insurance is an easy and affordable way to help employees protect their family or loved ones. And, more employers choose Guardian to provide their employees’ life coverage than any other carrier.1 Why?
We’re committed to helping you provide the most flexible and comprehensive plans possible. In addition to high quality Basic Life Insurance with a range of options and features, we are one of only a few carriers to offer both term and permanent Voluntary Life insurance coverage, so you can offer a more complete, continuous solution, at little or no cost to your company.
Employees have the flexibility to select Voluntary Term or Voluntary Permanent Life Insurance, or both.
Voluntary Term Life
Guardian Term Life offers cost-effective coverage for a specified period. It provides beneficiaries with a cash benefit to help pay for household expenses, day care costs, mortgages and college tuition. It is typically purchased during employees' working years when family financial responsibilities may be the greatest and before rates increase due to the employees' age.
- Rates are initially lower than Permanent Life but premiums increase over time
- Designated period of time
- No cash value
- Dependent coverage available
- WillPrep Services automatically included on all voluntary term life cases at no additional cost4
Voluntary Permanent Life
Guardian Permanent Life complements our Term Life Insurance by enabling employees to lock in pricing with a smaller policy to cover final expenses. Employees can also build cash value that can be used for loans or withdrawals during working and retirement years.2
- Rates are initially higher than Term but they never increase
- Coverage lasts through retirement
- Builds tax-deferred cash value that is accessible
- Portable coverage for employee, spouse and child that locks in future insurability
- Flexible paid up at 65 option, so your employees can lock in benefit amount until age 120 —with no more payments
Why Guardian for Group Life Insurance?
Guardian’s group life insurance plans provide an easy and affordable way for employers to offer the workplace benefits their employees are looking for:
- Flexible options: employees can select Term or Permanent life Insurance, or both
- Cross-sell discounts on Term Life when Permanent Life Insurance is offered
- Innovative Voluntary Term Life Options:
- Enrollment Option lets employees gradually increase their coverage each year without annual medical exams
- Automatic Increase Option can help to protect survivors against inflation by offering a 5% benefit increase for five years
- Permanent Life plans won’t lapse or require additional funding2
- Generous guarantee issue amounts that require no medical exams
- LifeAssistsm option provides critical income to those who suffer a severe disability – without reducing any benefits they’re receiving from disability insurance
- Optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance covers the loss of life as well as injuries. This insurance can be purchased alone or added to the life insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)3 provides employees and their family members with confidential, personal and web-based counseling to help improve emotional well-being and enhance quality of life.
- Travel Related Insurance Protection (TRIP) program is designed especially for employees who frequently travel for business or pleasure, and combines emergency travel services4 with the extra protection of life and AD&D coverage
- WillPrep Services5 are automatically included on all voluntary term life cases at no additional cost.5 The service includes online planning documents, a resource library, and access to professionals to help employees communicate how they want to provide for their beneficiaries
Ready to take the next step?
Learn more about why Guardian is a smart choice for life insurance. We can provide any help you need in determining the right coverage for you.