Accident insurance is a sensible way for your company to deal with the increasing costs due to many of today’s medical plans. Available at affordable group rates, accident insurance allows you to deliver a comprehensive employee benefits package while protecting your company’s bottom line.
Offering group accident insurance as part of your benefits package can provide your employees with an extra level of financial protection to help cover out-of-pocket medical expenses such as deductibles, copays, and coinsurance - and even non-medical expenses in the event of an accident.
Why Guardian Accident Insurance is an excellent choice
At Guardian, we have a strong history of making a positive difference. We've been helping protect the financial security of people and businesses for over 150 years, and you can count on us to be there for your employees.
Accidents happen - which is why Guardian covers employees in over 40 ways
No matter how hard you try to avoid them, accidents can still happen. In one year alone, over 80 million people in the U.S. seek medical treatment for injuries1 and 43 million people go directly to emergency room2. Whether it's a sports injury, a car accident, or a slip and fall, the financial implications for one of your employees could be overwhelming.
Guardian Accident Insurance is an affordable solution that covers your employees in over 40 different ways, including services related to:
- Emergency room or urgent care facility treatment
- Imaging, such as x-rays.
- Injury or diagnosis, such as burns, dislocations, fractures, concussions, eye injuries, and lacerations.
- Treatments, such as epidural anesthesia pain management, joint replacement, rehabilitation unit confinement and surgery.
- Hospital admission & confinement
- Follow-up care, such as follow-up visits to doctors and occupational or physical therapy.
- Transportation, such as air ambulance and ambulance.
As the health insurance market shifts more responsibility to individuals through higher out-of-pocket costs, you can help your employees avoid financial hardship without increasing costs to your company.
Regardless of medical insurance, benefits are made directly from Guardian to the covered employee – not to the doctors or the hospital. The money your employees receive can be used however they wish – for medical bills, child care, mortgage payments, groceries, or any other expense, allowing them to concentrate on getting better instead of how they’re going to pay their bills.
More protection for child athletes
It’s important to encourage children to be active. With millions of children participating in organized sports such as baseball, soccer, lacrosse or football, they have a greater risk for accidents. With Guardian Accident Insurance, benefits are increased by 20% if a covered dependent child (aged 18 years old or younger) is injured while participating in an organized sport.
Optional riders for extra coverage
With optional riders* available with any of our Guardian Accident Insurance plans, you can tailor your employee benefits offering to meet the specific needs of your company, your employees, and their families. Available riders include:
- Wellness rider, which encourages employees to stay healthy by including a wellness benefit payment of $50 - $150 per year when they complete certain routine wellness procedures or screenings.
- AD&D rider (accidental death & dismemberment), where additional benefit payments are available if there is an:
- Accidental death
- Catastrophic loss
- Accommodation to home or vehicle that is needed
- Hospital confinement for sickness rider, which provides an additional benefit payment for each day the insured person is in a hospital due to sickness.
- Disability rider, where an additional benefit payment is made if an employee or covered spouse becomes disabled and unable to work (weekly payments can be for 26 – 52 weeks).
Enrollment support & easy plan administration
Our dedicated enrollment team will design the best enrollment strategy for your company. Employees are assisted throughout the enrollment process with a variety of educational touch points so they can make the best decisions about their insurance needs. As your accident insurance company, we offer personalized enrollment kits, online enrollment, run enrollment meetings, and provide an employee benefits hotline.
After enrollment, you receive ongoing support for billing, claims, forms, ID cards, changing personal information, and any other customer service inquiry to ensure easy plan administration.
Contact your Broker today
We'll work with you and your broker to design the optimal group accident insurance plan for your company.