Guardian’s research brief “Closing the Gap” from our 4th Annual Workplace Benefits Study reveals that 80% of working Americans say they understand their employee benefits very well to make informed decisions that can set them on a path toward employee well-being. But, there’s evidence they are overestimating their knowledge.
In an employee benefits IQ quiz which tested basic knowledge of group insurance products and terminology:
- The average grade was a 72, with 51% of working Americans earning a grade of C or below
- 1 in 5 working Americans received an F
Read our research brief to gain insights and statistics about:
- Where workers have misunderstandings when it comes to employee benefits knowledge
- What employers should consider to better support employees during their benefits enrollment
- The impact effective benefits communications has on the value working Americans place on their benefits and their loyalty to the companies they work for